The February 8th board meeting has been changed to Tuesday February 9th at 6:15 in the Middle School Library.
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Board Workshop – 6:15 p.m.
Regular School Board Trustee Meeting:
Boundary County Middle School – 6:30 p.m.
6:15 p.m. – Board Workshop – Leadership Premiums
6:30 p.m. - Regular Meeting
- Opening by Chairman - Meeting Announcements
- Approval of the Agenda
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Vision & Mission Statement
- Review Board Goals
- Tracy Parrish – Drug Testing
- 2016-17 Budget Requests
Food Service Director – Tammy Schneider
Maintenance Supervisor – Bob Overman
Transportation Supervisor – Bill Irwin
Technology Director – Rob Kent
Mt. Hall Principal – Lisa Iverson
Naples Principal – Lisa Iverson
Valley View Principal – Nathan Williams
BCMS Principal – David Miles II
BFHS Principal – Tim Gering
Curriculum Director – Robin Merrifield
Title I – Special Education – Jim Nash
- School/Board Committees/BCEA Reports & Input
- Superintendent Report/Business Report
- Consent Agenda (Please call ahead regarding questions, changes or corrections)
- Approval of Minutes: January 11, 2016 Reg. Mtg., January 13, 2016 Spec. Mtg.
- Personnel - Approval of Personnel List
- Approval of January 2016 Accounts Payable
- Approval of Emergency Closure Day Due to Inclement Weather - January 13 (Snow)
- Action Agenda
- Approval of Policies
- First Reading: Policies #2140 – Students and Family Privacy Rights, #2150P – Copyright Compliance, # 2375 – Service Animals in School, #2700P – High School Graduation Requirements, #3340 – Corrective Actions and Punishment, #3440 – Student Fees, Fines, and Charges/Return of Property, #4520 – Soliciting and Accepting Grants or Donations, #5340 – Evaluation of Certificated Personnel, #6400 – Principals, #7270 – Property Records, #7300 – Revenues and Grants, #8100 – Transportation, #8110 – Safety Busing, #8115 – Hours of Service of Drivers, #8120 – Bus Routes, Stops, and Non-Transportation Zones, #8170P – District-Owned Vehicles, #8185 – Use of Wireless Communication Devices by Bus Drivers
- Third Reading & Approval: Policies #1260 – Authorization of Signatures and Electronic Signatures, #1500 – Board Meetings, #1510 - Open Meeting Law Compliance and Cure, #3570 – Student Records, #3570P – Students Records Procedure, #4105 (Replaces #1520) - Public Participation in Board Meeting, #4105F (Replaces #1520F) – Request to Address the Board, #4260 – Records Available to the Public, #4260F – District Record Request Form, #5500 – Personnel Files, #8600 - Records Management, #8605 – Retention of District Records
- Approval of Curricular Materials at BFHS: Mary Poppins, Pride and Prejudice, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, The Princess Bride, – Tim Gering/Robin Merrifield
- Approval to Contract with Idaho Distance Education Academy for the Second Semester – Jim Nash
- Approval of Lawn Mowing Quote(s)
- Approval of 1st Annual VVES 5th Grade Outdoor School – Nathan Williams
- Approval to Contract with Valuations Northwest for Fixed Asset Appraisal
- Approval to Apply for 2016-17 Elementary School Library Summer Access to Books Grant – Julie Colson
- Approval of RFP 101-2016 Internet and Wide Area Connections (WAN) and RFP 102-2016 VoIP Phone Service – Rob Kent
- Approval of Valley View Property Easement to the City of Bonners Ferry
- Accept the Recommendations for Leadership Premiums from School Administrators
- Executive Session: Idaho Code 74-206 (a) Personnel
- Employees “A”, “B”
- Trustee Input/Future Agenda Items
- Day on the Hill – February 15th & 16th, 2016 – Boise, ID
- Next Board Mtg. – March 14th, 2016 – Naples Elementary School
- Law Institute – April 25th & 26th, 2016 – Boise, ID
- Safety and Security Plan
- Discussion/Decision on Board Member Training
The public is encouraged to attend trustee meetings and provide input. In order that everyone is provided with a chance to speak and that meetings do not become unduly time consuming, participation may be limited to three minutes per person per agenda topic. ITEMS ARE LIMITED TO 20 MINUTES UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED ON THE AGENDA. The Board will attempt to hear both sides of a controversial topic prior to making a decision. With the exception of executive session, the scheduled adjournment time for trustee meetings will be 9:30 p.m. Trustee meetings, including executive session, will be adjourned by 10:30 p.m. Procedural rules may be suspended by a two-thirds majority vote of the trustees present. If any auxiliary aids or services are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the district office at 267-3146 no later than three working days before the meeting.
Click Here to ask to be placed on the Board Agenda:
The Board values community involvement to help provide the best educational experience for our students. Time has been set aside near the beginning of each regular board meeting for visitors. Three minutes is allowed for each person and a maximum of twenty minutes per subject.
Click here if you would like to be placed on the regular meeting agenda to speak to the Board:
It is important for you to state the subject matter you would like to address. Supporting documentation can also be uploaded or faxed to 208-267-7217. You will receive a response from a staff member in a timely manner.