Monday, July 13, 2015
Annual School Board Trustee Meeting:
District Office – 6:00 p.m.
6:00 p.m. - Regular Meeting
- Opening by Chairman - Meeting Announcements
- Vision & Mission Statement
Budget Hearing - 2014-15 Amended / 2015-16 Budget
- George Hays - Retirement
- Administration/Staff/School Committees
- Principal/Administration Reports
- Superintendent Report/Business Report
- Part Time / Full Time Employers Insurance Discussion
- Clean Air Report-Bonners Ferry High School
- Annual Board Re-Organization FY 15-16
- Election of Chairman- Nominations/Vote or Acclamation
- Election of Vice-Chairman – Nomination /Vote or Acclamation
- Appointment of Clerk-Treasurer
- Establishment of Meeting Dates & Times (Regular Meetings)
- Establish Location of Posting Public Notice
- Designation of Public Depository – Columbia Bank
- Signatures for Checking Accounts
- Resolution for Facsimile Check Register Signatures
- Authorization to Place Surplus or Idle Funds in Time Deposits/State Treasurer’s Office
- Offering of 2015-16 Audit Contract to Leonard Schulte, CPA
- Resolution for School Accounts & Appointment of Building Principals as Asst. Treasurers FY 2015-16
- Authorize Retirement of 2014-15 Policy Manual and Approve 2015-16 Manual
- Permission to purge the following District Documents:
- Accounts Payable & Payroll AP Records FY 2009-10
- Checking/Bank Statements FY 2009-10
- Approval and Acceptance of IHSAA Rules & Regulations
- Approval of Continuation of Declaring Wednesday Night as “Family Night” – 6:30 p.m
- Approval of District Credit Card Users
- Consent Agenda (Please call ahead regarding questions, changes or corrections)
- Approval of Minutes: June 15, 2015 – Budget Hearing/Reg Mtg..
- Approval of June 2015 Accounts Payable
- Personnel - Approval of Personnel List
- In-Lieu-of Transportation
- Action Agenda
- Policies –
- First Reading – Policy #2700P - Approval to Receive P.E. Credit for Participating in Sports.
- Second Reading - Policy #3340 – Corrective Actions and Punishment, Policy #5705 – Substitute Teacher Pay Schedule
- Third Reading and Approval - 2015-16 Handbooks - Valley View, Naples, Mt. Hall, BCMS, BFHS, & BFHS / BCMS Coaching Handbook
- Approve Accounts Payable Run Twice a Month Starting July 1, 2015
- ID Dept. of Health & Welfare School-Based Services Match Annual Certification
- Decision on ISBA Training
- Approval to Contract with North Idaho College for Dual Enrollment Classes
- Executive Session: Idaho Code 67-2345 (a) Personnel,
- Personnel – Employee “A”, “B”
- Trustee Input/Future Agenda Items
- Set Time, Date, & Place of Board Retreat
- Summer Leadership Institute July 23rd, 2015 Coeur d’Alene 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The public is encouraged to attend trustee meetings and provide input. In order that everyone is provided with a chance to speak and that meetings do not become unduly time consuming, participation may be limited to three minutes per person per agenda topic. ITEMS ARE LIMITED TO 20 MINUTES UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED ON THE AGENDA. The Board will attempt to hear both sides of a controversial topic prior to making a decision. With the exception of executive session, the scheduled adjournment time for trustee meetings will be 9:30 p.m. Trustee meetings, including executive session, will be adjourned by 10:30 p.m. Procedural rules may be suspended by a two-thirds majority vote of the trustees present. If any auxiliary aids or services are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the district office at 267-3146 no later than three working days before the meeting.
BOUNDARY COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT #101
7188 Oak Street
Negotiations / Workshops
Wednesday, May 27, 2015 – 5:00 p.m. – District Office - Cancelled
Wednesday, June 10, 2015 – 5:00 p.m. – District Office - Cancelled
Wednesday, June 17, 2015 – 5:00 p.m. – High School
No Negotiations – Changed to Workshop
Wednesday, June 24, 2015 – 5:00 p.m. – District Office - Cancelled
This special meeting of the Board of Trustees of the above-named School District is called pursuant to Title 33 and Chapter 23, Title 67, Idaho Code.
Dated this 23rd day of May, 2015
Diane M. Cartwright
Boundary County School District #101
Boundary County, Bonners Ferry, Idaho
General Information About Board Meeting Agendas
Date: August 14, 2012
Memo to: All Administrators, Supervisors & Staff
From: Dick Conley, Superintendent
RE: School Board Meeting Agendas
Idaho Code provides that “deliberation” occur before action is taken, and topics must appear on an agenda to advise the general public of action occurring at open, public meetings.
All meetings of the board - regular, special, or work sessions are open to the public. Executive sessions are limited to very few items which include personnel, negotiations and purchase of property.
Special meetings can only address those agenda items for which the meeting was called. These agendas are normally very limited in scope.
The Board can take no action at work sessions. These sessions can be used for only topic discussion and only to those topics appearing on the agenda. These are normally held for goal-setting, budget review and discussion.
It is imperative the clerk-treasurer or assistant clerk at the district office be advised of agenda items for agenda inclusion. The earlier the better, but the deadline for agenda items is noon on the Wednesday prior to the board meeting. All materials to be mailed to board members need to arrive by this time also, i.e., grant applications, policy proposals, etc. All proposed polices are forwarded to legal counsel for review and discussion with the Board. One copy of an item will suffice since board packet materials are amassed all at one time.
The Board is provided with a listing of all correspondence, and any employment recommendations. Once again, only ONE copy is necessary.
Your compliance with the above is appreciated; it will facilitate preparation for Board meetings, making all run smoother and more efficiently.
PC: Board of Trustees